Know throughout this excellent article, What is the Windows 10 operating system . In addition you will find out in details how to optimize the Windows 10 this wonderful software for its good performance. windows 10 pro features
What is Windows 10?
Windows 10 is widely used software And it is the most recent operating system developed by Microsoft, it was released to the public on July 29, 2015, although months before it had already been released. This series of operating systems began with the Windows 2000 version, and today we have an excellently improved Windows with version 10.
This was released to update many things from Windows 7 and 8; to give it more performance and accept more features of programs that have been updated and require better software detail.
However, many applications and programs are still executable with Windows 7 and 8; Although the Microsoft platform has already announced that it will soon stop working the driver updates in the Windows 7 operating system .
Features windows 10 pro features
This operating system has gained confidence through the years, but, nevertheless, many of the users still do not distinguish the characteristics of this compared to Windows 7 and 8; and this one comes super renewed and with exclusive news. Let’s see a couple of features of this software:
- The start menu is back, it was lost with Windows 8 .
- Incorporating Cortana, the voice assistant born in Windows Phone, this assistant does a splendid job, now it even competes with other voice assistants.
- Unification of platforms and devices. Windows 10 will run on both PC and Smartphones.
- Notification panel, this is like a panel or what is called a notification bar on a smartphone, all centralized and well organized.
- Tablet mode: windows can be optimized on a tablet. This is because there are currently convertible laptops.
- Skype integrated into SMS messages.
- Photographic and music libraries on OneDrive, the Microsoft cloud.
- Goodbye to Internet Explorer, with this decision we welcome the new browser called Microsoft Edge.
- Virtual desks to organize our work
Requirements to install Windows 10
Well knowing some of the qualities of this incredible operating system, we check the minimum requirements to install it on our computer. If your device doesn’t meet these requirements, you may not have an optimal Windows 10 experience.
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster processor or system on a chip (SoC).
- RAM: 1 GB for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit.
- Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS; 32GB for 64-bit OS.
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver.
- Screen: 800 × 600.
- Internet connection.
How can we optimize Windows 10?
Like all operating systems, whether on desktop computers or mobile devices, they tend to fill up the space very quickly and this causes the device to be slow or with little freezes.
We provide you with a couple of tips or techniques to optimize Windows 1 0 and it works perfectly for you and does not have traffic jams or slowness in daily use.
Not using pirated software
If pirated software were as good as it looks, official software wouldn’t be sold and no one would spend that much money to get the originals. To optimize Windows 10 it is necessary that you do not have one of these software, since Microsoft realizes itself through the Internet.
And it sends you notifications for notifications that the software is a fake, and in one way or another it takes away its own characteristics for its official activation, that is why if you have this type of software there is not much to do.
In addition, this type of software brings fragments of malicious code and junk files as extra applications and the drivers tend to be incomplete and this would end up affecting the performance of your computer. In addition, it can steal all the information you enter, so do not use illegal copies, the cheap always ends up being very expensive.
Keep your drivers up to date
The drivers, these are complements that are together with some applications and technical parts or hardware of our computers, such as the sound card or video graphic card or others that can generate processing problems or that cannot be synchronized well if not are up-to-date.
This originates, because there is a unification mismatch between the drivers and the software or hardware component, and this leads to their not being compatible, causing serious operating problems in the computer. To avoid this, it is necessary to be pending to update them.
Most of the time the process of updating the drivers is done manually, although there are also numerous programs on the market that could help you achieve it in an easier way, although you must pay to use them. Worth it.
Activate quick start
Important point to check before moving codes and cables so to speak and optimize Windows 10, This option allows you to reload the kernel and various drivers of the computer’s operating system so that it is faster from the beginning.
This option can optimize Windows 10 to the maximum, we recommend that you review and activate, as it will allow to the Windows optimize computer startup. In this way you will save time, in most cases, it is usually activated by default, but it is good to verify if you do not know how to do it, we will tell you:
- In the task bar we will find the battery icon.
- Right click and select “Power Options”.
- Then in this tab look for the option “Choose the behavior of the start / stop button and click.
- A new screen will open. Look for the option “Change settings currently unavailable.”
- Finally, put the arrow on the button “Activate Quick start”.
Download an antivirus
Malware has existed since the web and the internet have existed, and they are responsible for damaging our computer and stealing the data we have, Internet users must be aware because if we are not protected they can enter in any way and very easily.
We recommend that you download one as soon as possible if you don’t have it, after which you carry out an exhaustive analysis of your computer in real time. In this way you will find out if it has any malware or malicious files, and be able to eliminate it.
If by any application or by your own decision you decide not to download an antivirus, you can use a defense program integrated into the operating system called ” Windows Defender”; Although it is not the best, it will serve as a containment barrier to keep the operating system active and free of threats.
Use the Ready Boost tool
This is a tool which allows you to expand your computer’s RAM a little more in case you do not have enough, this is a Windows function that allows us to create a RAM memory through a USB device or a memory card with a minimum capacity of 500MB.
This is an option that Windows gives us but that very few people have the knowledge, if your computer is super slow you can activate this option and improve performance. To implement this tool you need to put a USB flash drive with at least 500MB of free space.
If you do not know how to activate or implement the Ready Boost option, we will teach you a couple of very important steps to follow so that you have this knowledge from now on, pay attention to the following instructions:
- Insert the USB drive into your computer.
- Select the “File Explorer” option that appears on the taskbar or right click on the USB drive and choose the “properties” option.
- Find the ReadyBoost tab and click on use this device. If you meet the conditions (high data transfer and at least 500 MG) Windows will start working with your USB.
- Finally, wait for Windows to finish its analysis and click “accept”.
That’s how easy you can optimize the RAM of our computer and Windows 10 in a matter of minutes, with this option you will have an advantage by using it lighter. windows 10 pro features
Optimize hard drive to speed up Windows 10
Hard drives are the base storage unit of our computer, it is the one that keeps both our operating system and all the files on it installed, keeping them optimized would be a great respite to the mobility and agility of our software.
Over time so many applications are installed that we then stop using that they fill the hard drive with files that are classified as junk files, the most serious idea when optimizing the operating system will be to look for those residual files that were left on our computer when install those apps. And from then on program that is installed and then uninstalled to look for those residual files.
To solve it, what should be done is to eliminate all the information gaps or better called residual file or cache that is on the hard disk, this process is called disk defragmentation. And Windows 10 has a special function for this, we give you some instructions so that you find out how to do it:
- In Cortana (taskbar) type “Defragment and optimize drives.” Once the option (with the same name) is displayed, click on it.
- In the new window you will be able to see all the disks on your computer, select the one you want to optimize and defragment.
- To finish, click on the “Optimize” option and you’re done.
Remove default apps windows 10 pro features
Occupying our computer with applications or programs makes them slower, to optimize a computer it is advisable to leave the most useful applications or those that are used the most to avoid this type of jam with internal memory and RAM memory.
Delete temporary files windows 10 pro features
Over time, momentary files are stored that occupy space on the hard disk and in the internal memory of the computer, causing holes in the Ram memory.
These files are housed in a kind of compartment or folder to try to be temporary, which in theory should be automatically deleted over time. Which is not the case. windows 10 pro features
We will explain in a few steps how you can do to eliminate these temporary files and keep Windows 10 optimized in a very simple way, pay attention to the following steps:
- Press the START keys (WINDOWS key) + R or right-click on the Start icon and click Run.
- Write% temp% in the box and click OK.
- Select everything by pressing CONTROL + E and click Delete or press the DELETE key.
- Some files and folders cannot be deleted because they are being used by the system or the programs are open.
- In this case, select the Do this for all current items checkbox and click Skip.
- If a window appears warning that you need to provide administrator permissions to delete an item, select the Do this for all current items check box and click Continue.
Delete these files at least once a month to give the operating system a break and give your RAM or internal memory a little more rest.
Stop background apps windows 10 pro features
Background applications are one of the things that makes an operating system, in this case Windows 10, slow. This is because while you run one, you leave that one and open another and in that process you have already opened a couple of applications that begin to open that gap or path to the background applications.
And many of these applications tend to run in the background, what does this refer to? We give you an example Facebook, if you open Google and then open Facebook, this is an application that generates notifications in the background.
Another similar case would be audio programs or progressive download programs such as Utorrent or mega. As you can take it out of the background and slow down the processes, we will explain it to you as follows: windows 10 pro features
- Right-click on the taskbar and open the Task Manager.
- Go to the Home tab. Here are the applications that start when the computer starts and run in the background, consuming memory and resources.
- Some of them are necessary and some are not. Select the ones you want to stop and click on the Disable button, the next time you start Windows these applications will not run.
Optimize Windows 10 by improving your Hardware windows 10 pro features
Nowadays, good pieces are needed in a computer, this for different things, whether you live from your computer as a content creator, as a gamer, as a web or graphic designer, this and other activities require good performance on your computer.
To optimize it is very, very good an operating system that more than optimized the software feels shielded. One feature that you should never forget to update is the RAM memory.
Computers from 2 or 3 years ago have a RAM of 2 or 3 GB, which is currently not enough to carry out endless applications and notifications. It is necessary to seek to increase up to 8GB of RAM for casual use.
To check how much RAM each application uses and thus have a statistics of the applications on your computer, it is necessary that you put the following into practice: windows 10 pro features
- Open the task manager (CTRL + ALT + DEL) and look for the performance section.
- Then click on the “Memory” part and you will see the most important data on how your computer uses RAM.
The use of RAM memory is one of the most important aspects to optimize Windows 10, because this specification is the one who moves all the computer’s resources, internal memory, processor, graphics card, among others. If you notice that a large amount is used in some applications, please increase your RAM or remove those applications.
But if you are a person who is dedicated to the audiovisual part, you carry out computer programming tasks or work with several programs simultaneously, it is necessary to reach up to 16 GB of RAM to work optimally and thus not perceive any type of freezing in the computer.
As much as Windows 10, as any operating system of any device deserves to be optimized or to be paid a little more attention and to be able to be aware of its status, since if we leave it to abandon little by little it will saturate us even when point where we could lose the same operating system. windows 10 pro features
With these tips that you saw in this excellent article, you will be able to see very significant changes in your operating system, and give life and light to your computer again. windows 10 pro features