We bring you this post where we will talk especially about “What is APN?”, In addition to that, we will also clarify any doubts that you may have in mind related to the change of operator of the released phones, among others. We hope it will be of great help to you!
Thanks to the name of the access point of the operator that you have, you will be able to connect to the Internet without any problem. Keep in mind that each operator has a totally different access point and this must be configured to work properly. On many occasions when you buy a mobile device, the store where it has been obtained has already been in charge of configuring this.
What is it for?
Having the APN well configured allows you to connect correctly to the Internet, and you can also use your mobile data in a fully guaranteed way. Therefore, you will be able to enjoy plans and rates that you contract through your operator. As you can also get to have Internet without having to depend on a Wifi, but you can use your mobile data.
The best of all is that from the first moment this APN is configured, it is not necessary to perform this procedure again, as long as your device does not restore it.
How to configure the APN?
If you already know what APN is, you should also know How to configure it on your cell phone? To do this, you must take into account each of the steps that we will show you below, so that you can do this in a very simple way.
- Start this process by simply entering the “Settings” icon on your cell phone.
- After you have made the first point, you must select the option “Mobile networks”, which you will see on the screen.
- Later you must go to the option of “Access point names” or you can also see this option as follows “APN”. This will depend on the type of operating system that the mobile device has.
- Now you must select the network of your operator.
- And then you have to give the option to “Edit the access point”.
- When you can edit this, you only have to edit the box that says “Name (Undefined)” and also the one with “APN (Undefined)”.
NOTE : In the last steps we mentioned, you must edit two boxes, in them you must place a series of data, which correspond to your contracted operator.